Returns & Exchanges
We do not provide refunds for incorrect choices or a change in mind due to external circumstances. We are bound by the VIC Department of Fair Trading obligations to offer a product exchange or refund for shop credit for all products that are faulty within 7 days of purchase, with proof of purchase from tokyobike. Restocking fees may apply.
If you believe you have a faulty product you must first contact us to consult about the issue. If you have a minor problem with a product, we can choose to offer a free repair instead of a replacement or refund. When you have a major problem with a product, you have the right to ask for your choice of a replacement or refund. In order to receive a repair, replacement or refund you will need to provide proof of purchase. If you don’t have the cash register invoice, you can provide a credit card statement or a confirmation or receipt number from an online purchase.
For bike purchases, we reserve the right to not refund or exchange for incorrect colour, size or change of mind due to external circumstances. Whilst we aim to represent our bike colours as accurately as possible, some variance may occur between images provided and the actual colour of the bikes. Please use our size guide to choose the size of your bike as reference. Everyone's body is different, and you may have a sizing preference. Our staff are always happy to consult with you about your bike and suggest accessories that might particularly suit the model you have chosen. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard postage fees apply to all return orders (as per conditions above) and you will be responsible for the cost of return postage. Where an item is faulty or incorrectly supplied, the replacement product will be sent out to you at no charge as soon as possible.
Prior to returning your product, please make sure you provide the following details to email@example.com:
• Your full name
• Your order number (or proof of purchase)
• Photo of the product and reason why you are returning the product
If you haven't previously provided a contact phone number, please include this with your return. This will ensure the issue is resolved quickly, should we need to contact you.
Returns can be sent to:
tokyobike 5 Peel Street Collingwood VIC 3066
We reserve the right to determine whether a product is faulty and conduct a production and quality check. If deemed faulty, a repaired or replacement item will be shipped where possible subject to stock availability or a refund or credit note.
• We will not be held responsible if there is a delay in delivery of replaced/repaired item.
• In the event that your product is lost in transit, we will not be held liable and therefore we recommend that you send all returns via Registered Post.
• If the item cannot be repaired or replaced and we provide a refund, we will do so as soon as possible. Please note that once the refund is processed by tokyobike, the time taken for the amount to show in your bank account is dependent on your financial institution.